• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on Biostar boards please...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

memnoch349

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM
Getting ready to replace my oem asus micro atx board with a biostar board. Anyone give me their general thoughts about their biostar boards?

I've got 2 running right now.

Positive comments:
Inexpensive

Negative comments:
Few bios options
finiky. Sometimes have to reboot several times before they will start up, even with a good overclocking cpu and quality ram.

I pushed one of mine too far today and cannot get it to run at all now, even after attempting to clear the cmos.

Conclusion: I like asus better.

i have the M7NCG Pro and i love. It has lots of nice overclocking features I like it a lot more than my old asus but it was not an nforce2 it was an a7n266. The M7NCG Pro is a nice board. Just my 2 cents. Check this out M7NCG Pro and a review here check out the Screen shot on the overclocking link on the first page and you can see how the bios looks it is easy to use and the100 MHz FSB jumper is a god sent :) let me tell you!!!!! Everything in the screen shot that is set to optimal you can change it from optimal to expert and adjust all the setting yourself, Once again a nice board. The only draw back I have had so far is the on board video is not to good only a little better that the old gforce2 mx 400 I had in my old machine. But just disable it and put a pci card in and your off. I use the on board video but I don’t game much any more. Hope this helped.

Peace Out
JOptionPane

I've used a couple, and nothing about them has impressed me. I don't think they generally offer the BIOS options or support (new BIOS files to allow you to upgrade) that us overclocker like to have.

I can't really recommend them, but I suppose if the price is low enough, one of their motherboards might be ok.

My recommendations are reserved for Epox, Abit, and Asus.

The Shuttle and the MSI motherboards I've used were ok, but not up to the standards of the previous 3.

i bought my first biostar motherboard 4 days ago and so far its been an okay product. its a m7ncd pro. it offers you the basic options you would need for overclocking with up to 2.0 volts vcore, 2.8 vdimm, 1.9 for the chipset, and 1.8 for the agp. it also has a full range of multipliers with the exception of it missing 10.5.
this board isnt for serious overclocking though as its 5 volt line sags under extreme load but not by more than 0.08 volts. also it has a passive heatsink for the northbridge which wasnt making hardly any contact with the chipset from what i can tell after seeing the contact area of the thermal grease they used. board was still very stable even before i changed the northbridge cooling. i wanted an abit but i got this board instead for only 65$ and i definitly feel like i got my moneys worth

I like mine but I have oc'd any other boards. Half the price of most of the others, it is a great deal, running my 2500+ @ 2.23 GHz. I don't know what else you could want. :)

Mine has a default of 13x!:D

I believe it depends on the CPU you are using. Mine is a 2100+ which has 13x as the processor default. And, the multiplier selection will only allow the upper multipliers, 13-18.

Did you try setting the clock back to 100 FSB with the JCLK1 jumpers and see if it will boot?
When clearing the cmos, always turn off the PSU and unplug it.

Back