• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soundstorm audio quality (nForce2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

I just bought an NF7-S 2.0 and I currently run an Audigy, but I hear that Soundstorm is just as good. Is it? If so I can sell off the Audigy and that'll help cover the cost of the mobo, as well as free up some space in my case to fit all my watercooling crap.

I don't run top-tier speakers BTW, so if the differences are really small I probably wouldn't be able to tell anyway.

Thanks.

--Illah

I have both in seperate machines. I find the analog sound to be about the same, but the Soundstorm beats the Audigy by far when using a 5.1 receiver with the digital out.

Hope this helps:)

Al

I use analog, so that's good to know. Might as well save the space! I do like EAX though...

So how about that then, EAX vs. no EAX? I've always used it so I can't really compare against it (had an audigy since I upgraded from my old laptop to high-end PC's about two years ago).

--Illah

I dont really play too many games, use my sound mostly for MP3's.

I did a search on the internet using Soundstorm and EAX as the keywords and got an interesting assortment of opinions on the pros and cons of EAX sound using both.

You should have a look at them, since you have both, maybe try them out to compare them. Everyones sound preferences can vary and the best way to figure out yours would be to try them out.

I did that, had an audigy in my Nforce2 board and ended up getting rid of it. Kept my 2nd Audigy in one of my other machines.

Al

Back