• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

non-o/c vid editing ram suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buddha1822

i am helping put together a computer for a less knowledgeable friend, and was looking at figuring out exactly what kinda ram he needs...

i am thinking of getting a Barton either 2500 or 2800 and putting that in on a regular A7N8X (not dlx) and then getting an A-I-W Radeon 9700 for vid (with 8x) and so on for the rest...

he is mainly looking at doing normal processes but a lot of rigorous video editing, and so ram is obviously a huge part of it...

i was looking at two sticks of 512 corsair PC3200, but it was running a little expensive for the budget we got, so I was considering 2700 but i really donno :(

what do you suggest for a good amount and type of RAM for vid editing on prolly an a7n8x...? thanx! :)

As much as he can afford. I would say 2gig min for serious video editing. Has he tought about going with a Dual CPU set-up instead, it might work better for what he is looking to do. Oh and lots and lots of fast storage.

I'd probably save some $ and go with three sticks of 512MB Buffalo PC3700 from NewEgg with the Winbond BH-5 chips.

Or even cheaper, get 2 gigs of PC3200 here for $280.

Last edited:
Back