• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My NF7 going bad? Need help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banyan

Hmm, where to begin. Yesterday I received some HyperX PC3000 (2x256) which was going to replace some Crucial PC2100 (2x256) that was doing 200FSB @ 2.8v. So I replace the Crucial and throw the other stuff in, clear cmos, and go into bios to do some tweaking (just timings and vdimm).

The nightmare begins... When I reboot I get the siren (two-tone), and immediately power the rig off. I boot up again and recheck some stuff in BIOS and everything looks cool (I have APIC, SATA, USB, Firewire, etc etc disabled, including CPU thermal throttling etc). Basically I disabled everything not needed. When I reboot i get the siren again. I start to assume it is possibly the ram and replace it with the Crucial that was in before; only to get the siren also. So I rule out the RAM. The chip is also ruled out as it worked fine on a K7N2 Delta board here. Heat is NOT an issue. I figured that it may be inadequate power, so I finally put in a TruePower 430 that's been sitting here waiting for my lazy *** to install it. Same thing... siren again. Didn't mention this yet, but the machine powers down when the siren starts.

At times, it will boot in sync at 133MHz, and that's iffy. I am completely at a loss and am running out of options, and would greatly appreciate any help or insight you guys could give me. Up til now this board has been damn good to me, and I want my main rig back!!

-Banyan

Another thing i forgot to add was initially the BIOS was v2.0, then I tried reverting back to v1.9, and now using the new v2.1.

Last edited:
seems this hyperx pc3000 and this board just don't want to play together.

i've heard some of the same thing. i just hope that the 3500 wont give me any ****.

Back