• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My8rda+ hates my Radeon 9800 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DesertRat68

Registered
I just installed a new 8rda+ Rev. 2.1 mobo a week ago. The first time i booted it up, I was able to access bios just fine, but when i hit F10 and rebooted, the video was dead! I removed all the PCI cards and tried again, and nothing. I checked to see if my 9800 Pro was seated properly, it was. I cleared CMOS and still nothing. So in an act of desperation I tried my Geforce 3 card. It worked perfectly. I tried my 9800P in my wife's computer and it was ok. When I tried it in my system again it still wouldn't work. I reinstalled the Geforce 3 again and tried the "reset configuration data" option and saved it, the shut down and installed my 9800p again. It worked this time, but every time I shut it down, I have to clear CMOS to get it to boot. I keep getting a 26h error code, which according to my manual is an overclock error. This happens even at stock settings. I am using the following:

Athlon X2100+ rev. b (can't remember the other stuff) Turtle beach Santa cruz sound card, US Robotics modem, Windows 2k SP2 and the on-board LAN is in auto. I have disabled the onboard AC97 sound. I have tried overclocking, stock settings, and even tried underclocking once to see if that would help. I have tried the insert key and that doesn't help much. I am back to using my Geforce 3 for now until I can figure this one out. My PSU seems to be ok. The 9800 Pro worked fine in my MSI KT 4 Ultra. This seems like an IRQ conflict or something. I once removed my sound card and it booted right up, but only that one time. After that I was back to square one. Any Ideas on this one? Is this problem common with this mobo? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I did plug it in to the power supply four-pin connector, but even so, I received a red warning box during POST which flashed so fast that I could not read much of it, except that I needed to reset something. I have an Allied 450w PSU, because I was on a budget. I really prefer Enermax, which is what I put in my wife's system. I will test my system with her power supply and my R9800 and see what happens. I am not sure that the PSU I am using is all that great. It is an Allied AL-B455E. Thank you for responding. :p

I have that same issue when I first bought my 8rda+. It turned out that my old Crucial 256mb's wouldn't go together in slot 1 and 2. Used only 1 RAM stick and everything worked like a charm. Then I replaced it with 2x512mb Kingston HyperX.

Back