• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X DL - only takes AGp 8x??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

Heyall

does this board ONLY work with 8xAGp cards and not 4xAGP

my uncle has sitting here this board with a 2800+ amnd is ready to literalyl throw it out because we can not get it to work.

it worked once - with a 4xAGp card -but now it just power up - the cpu fan runs but nothing comes up on monitor - nor does the RED AGp light go on to indicate a bad AGp card or wrong kind.

Have tried with these cards

Radeon 7000
Radeon 8500DV 64mb

So does this board only take 8xAGp cards? and not 4xAGP?

any help apprecitaed.

have nto touched the bios.

basicaly my uncle bought it - put it all together and it worked fine, then suddenyl it just would not work.

the board is past warrenty :(

The red light by the AGP does not go on and the green light goes on fine and the cpu fna starts but nothing happpens after that...

i cleared the cmos but still nothing - nothing comes up on the display.

got to find a speaker to plug into it today to see if it is beeping at me.

any other idas?

does it also show an activity on the floppy during power-up? that way you can just force flash another BIOS and then reset it back to 4xAGP

Have you tried putting the 8x card back in? if that works go back into the bios and manually set it to 4x AGP, it's like underclocking the 8x card but it will work with the 4x. sounds more like a Mobo issue then a video driver problem.

actually - i dont have an 8xagp card :) - it worked before with a radeon 7000 - but then there were some driver issues and it kept crashing so i put in an 8500 A-I-W DV and it ran fine for a week or so then just went fubar.

i will check with the floppy drive and see what happens

The voice error messages on this board are very helpful, when you get some speakers plugged in see if it says anything when you are trying to post.
While working on overclocking, my computer did something similar to that, and was frustrating the living daylights out of me because I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Finally I turned my speakers on, randomly as I had forgotten about this feature, and heard the system telling me that my system failed the memory test, and from there was easy to figure out. Maybe that can shed some light? Good luck.

well i put a speaker into it - and no sounds!

i took out the ram and vid card - still no sounds.

made sure the spoeaker was onb right - it was.

tried it with just ram and no ram, and no beeps - cleared the cmos and still nothing!

ARGHHHHHH!

However - i did put in an old Rage MAXX card - and the AGp light went rd - meaning wrong type of card - and the grene light on the mobo goes on so their is power and that part is working irght.. :(

Back