• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM with LED??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
whoever makes the ram with the dragon on it (is suddenly forgot :banghead: also has leds on it)

on the corsair? the pc 4000 for one gig is about 450-500 dollars and for the 3200 its around 300-350

(from froogle in us dollars)

I'd be more interested in a 256 or 512 stick. My feeble little brain still can't comprehend 1GB of memory :D

I can certainly appreciate the art of it. Just to clarify my remarks, I'm just saying that RAM LEDS are primarily a cosmetic thing. I'm afraid the interior of my computer wouldn't be much to look at. I will confess, however, I did purchase an LED case fan, but no one can see it. I was curious if it would show through the front intake (it didn't) plus it wasn't any more than the regular fans...

I would assume that you're really not paying for the cost of the LEDs (maybe a couple dollars, tops). I'm not sure about the wiring itself but LEDs are very cheap, so even if you can't see them, its not like you're throwing away money.

mage_x said:
johnnycnote have you not seen the alternitave modding forum? :D

I haven't checked that one out, but I've seen others, and I like some of the modded PC's they show in Maximum PC. I'm glad there are more choices now besides the old beige cases that used to be the only one. I have a nice Antec case that I could easily add a window to if I were so inclined.

I look at it the same way I do customizing cars. I can appreciate it, and like some of what I've seen, but I'm not into it myself. One thing I am interested in, although I may not get one soon, are the new small form factor PC's.

My system is set up for DVD ripping, video capture and general AV applications, so I need a better sound and video card than what is currently available with SCC motherboards, but things can change....

When I started reading this thread I was expecting someone to link to some crappy no-name ram that was using a novelty to sell it. But now it appears that it would be kinda cool. Too bad its sooo $.

Back