• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best bios for overclocking nf7-s 2.0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rutkus

with my 8rda+, certain bios' versions were not as good to overclock with because of certain problems. is this the case with the nf7-s rev2.0? and if so, which version is the best?

I'd love to know as well, I'm using the latest right now. About how much of a difference does it/can it make? Were there any significant bug fixes that would make going back to 14 problematic?

--Illah

Many say version 10 is the best, but it has bad SATA code and can cause corruption if you use a SATA drive, if not, then it's nothing to worry about. If you are, go with 18, the newest.

I find that the only way I can get to 200 fsb is with the 10 bios.

Having said that the problems with SATA are very real. I seems ok to build the system on bios 18 then go back to 10 but don't try to install on bios 10 if you use SATA in a stripe set. All sorts of problems.

Lots of people like 10 but yes it's not good for RAID setup's.

Just read over @Xtreme that there is a new hacked BIOS out that combines a newer revision of SATA support with the 18 BIOS.

Maxi~

I'm using it, don't bother there's no improvement. Actually slight decrease in drive index scores. And no increase in fsb as someone reported. All it is is bios 18, with the newer silicon image bios that asus released for the a7n8x.

J.

*edit* if you do want it, lemme know i'll send it over to you. Be aware there are 2 of them out there, 1 is strictly for the version 1.X board, the other is for the 2.0 board.

J.

i use 14 now...its great got to 235mhz fsb stable...but im just usin 227mhz now to be safe...peacee

Back