• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu fsb/ratio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gixxer420

I don't understand what this is for and what do I set mine too. So where should I set my twinmos 3700 or my my xms 3500 too. Have a gig(2x512) of each. Also I'm running a 1800 dutc3 that roxs

Newbie here. Basically the this ratio is used to set the FSB speed of your ram. So if you're running at 200FSB with a raito of 1:1 you ram is running at 200, 1:5 ram is running at 40, 2/1 ram is running at 400.

Ie. it's the multipler.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one thou, again newbie to all this.

Sorry, your wrong on this one Vejita........the ratio works like this: Whatever you set your FSB to is what it is, the ratio is what sets your memory speed. The first number is divided into your FSB and the second you multiply that number by to get your memory speed. So say you had 200fsb and use 6/6, 3/3, 4/4, they all equal 1 so 200mhz is your memory speed. If you were to use 5/6 you take 200/5=40*6=240mhz, so your memory would be running at 240mhz and fsb at 200. A little confusing at first....

Thanks, I sort of knew what I was trying to say but not how to say :) Give me a few more weeks (have to start somewhere)

Back