• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soundstorm On A7N8X Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I was wondering if the generic soundstorm drivers from nvidia work on the A7N8X Dlx. From what I remember, they dont, but I cant find any other drivers. Am i wrong? If not, where do I get good drivers?

I downloaded the drivers from the ASUS website, according to them they are the latest version, and they work good on Xp pro and 98se.

No, what I mean is that asus uses a modified soundstorm, and I was asking if the drivers supported it?

yea, they do, it is nvidia's chipset and sound system, why wouldnt they. And they specifically say which motherboard's sound drivers wont work.

Really? When I installed the unified drivers on my computer, I lost use of USB and my sound. In my subsequent research I came across a piece of information, I don't remember where, and it said that ASUS uses a modified nForce2 Southbridge, and that that was my problem. After reinstalling the native ASUS drivers, everything was back to normal. I was able to manually install several of the newer drivers, but not those regarding the USB or sound. Perhaps this was just an isolated case, I don't know. I wish you luck regardless.

Use the ones from Asus. If you don't you will have issues at some point even if you don't now. Asus tweaks things on the board so it is a better setup for them. I'm telling you that you are asking for trouble by not suing the Asus drivers. Same goes for the GeForce cards and thier drivers. Use the ones from Asus.

If you are having issues with your center channel then use the NVSWAP that a fellow posteer here showed me. You can get it under the sound drivers option from nVdias driver page.

Back