• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hekke1664

Hi,

I currently have a DFI NFII Lanparty, but it locks up every few minutes. I'm sending it back and hopefully it will work then.
If it doesn't I'm planning on buying the Abit NF7-S (don't know which revision is available).

I want to know if any of you has had a problem with on of the other hardware components. I don't want to make the same mistake again.

System:
Athlon 2800+ barton
2x256MB Kingston HyperX PC4000 or
2x256MB Corsair PC3200LL TWINX
60GB Maxtor 7200rpm
SBLive Audigy (1)
AOpen 32x CD-RW
Pioneer DVD-500M
Sapphire 9800Pro (not ultimate)
Antec 550W PSU
watercooling both CPU and NB

I read some posts on this forum, and I see that some people have problems with FSB 200+. Will I be able to reach 2500MHz of higher with some luck ?

thank you

Well, I'm assuming you know that you can use only 1 set of ram. Of course I'd try the Kingston PC4000 first. If your Barton has decent timings and you have really good air cooling, or better; ie water etc. You should be able to hit 2500 without a hitch. Unless your one of the very few unfortunates who just have duds for hardware.

Edit: I missed that you have watercooling. You should definatly be able to hit 2500mhz with an NF7. I don't believe they are still making rev 1.2 NF7s, so your most likely going to get a rev 2.0.

-Overcrocked

Last edited:
Personally I say just return the lanparty right off and get the NF7-S, but hey thats just me ;)

Personally I think its the best overclocker out there, you may have to do the rather simple L12 mod to get the most out of your FSB, but its a simple matter of putting a wire in a hole. Not exactly the type of thing I would stop me from purchasing what I consider the best board I have ever owned.

I'm sending the DFI board back.

I hope I get my money back.

I'm not familiar with wardware mods. The only thing I made was a fanbus. But first I want the board to run stable before I overclock.

Thanks

Back