• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin PC3500 Level 2 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Top Hat Theater

I finally got tired of my system crashing out of games and decided to run memtest86. So I set my FSB to 174 with a 5:4 ratio so my memory would be operating at 434MHz 2-2-2-6. Lo and behold, 7700 errors.

~THT

I tried DIMMS 1&3, 2&3 and 1&2. All three yielded errors however 1&2 only yielded 184 errors so it seems like the RAM doesn't like dual channel operation. To be sure it wasn't my board, I put the sticks in my 8RDA+ in the same configs. 31K+ errors.

~THT

Yeah i about to build a friend of mine a P4 system on an Abit IS7. Ill probably throw the sticks in there and see how they perform and compare.

i love my lvl 1 3200 it pimping so far...... perhaps just bad yield or what not
gl though

Finally threw the RAM into the new IS7 system i just built for a friend of mine and just as i expected it got over 16,000 errors in Test 5 and 6 with memtest at 434 mhz. This RAM just can't do its rated speed at 2-2-2-6 with even 2.9v. Im calling Mushkin tomorrow and getting some replacement sticks.

Its rated 2-6-3-2 @ 2.75 in 875/865 systems. If it doesn't do that then RMA it.

Yeah i called Mushkin today and explained to them my problems. I turned off CPU Interface and bumped the RAS-CAS Delay to 3 to make it 2-3-2-6 and it runs perfect. The only thing i don't like is that with CPU Interface disabled my memory bandwidth efficiency goes down to like 89% as opposed to the 95% i was getting with it on. In real world applications it doesnt make that much of a difference so i may not even bother.

Back