• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max FSB on the A7N8X?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The abit and epox nforce2 ultras i have seen hit 250fsb but they are hard modded and the asus A7N8X dlx REV1.04 and 2.0 i can hit over that 220 but loose timing on the ram Corsiar pc3500 it depends on alot and one stick of pc3500 with 256 seems easy but more difficult in DC so it depends on other things as well....cooling and Vdd voltage.

Molester said:
read my sig, same boat as hangten in that my corsair pc3500 is limiting me

I see that ur sig says ur timmings are 11-3-3-2.5. Wats ur DDRv @? 2.8? im @ 7-4-4-2 100% but im using PC3200@ 2.8v.

I just thought u would get tighter timmings @ a higher fsb with the 3500 then the 3200?.. but ur O/C is still KILLER:cool:

yeah, can't figure the timing thing out either, will figure out soon though, and i can pump up to 2.9v through them(1005uber bios)

and as far as the overclock, i can get it to 222x11.5=2553, but this board has a circuit that limits the vcore to 2.16v(+/- .03), which you can only attain w/ a volt mod(which i have), so i couldn't get it stable

i just got my swifttech MCX heatsinks on, and the chipset voltage mod is next(soo much easier w/ smd grabbers), and in a couple of weeks i was gonna pick up some pc4000, but gotta wait longer

my plan is to hit 230x11=2530 on this board(which i can get now, but i prefer the higher fsb)

this board is very stable, great layout, but very limiting, which is also why i plan on getting an Abit NF7-S

sweet:D thanks man...ill update my BIOS an check it out...
i managed to get my fsb up to 230 but even @ its "loosest" timmings i could not get it to run heavys appz just light web stuff.
im thinking maybe a volt mod to juice my ram more or should i try
another ram?..im using the corsairs XMS pc 3200..

any input?

pc3200 corsair is good ram, but then, different ram is able to go so far, just depends i guess, kinda like oc'ing in general, lol

if you decide to go higher, just go w/ pc4000 ram, no timing adjustments needed, hehehe, unless you plan on going over 500mhz fsb, lol

Back