• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better buy for NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overcrocked

I've been looking for some high performance ram for a little while now and am ready to buy. I've come to the conclusion, from seeing what other people have been using on their NF7-S's, that OCZ and Twinmos give you the best FSB rates. I 've been looking for 1 stick of 512 and plan to add another later on for Duel Channel. I was wondering which would be better? The OCZ PC3500EL CAS 2 or the Twinmos PC3700 CAS 2.5. The prices on each are nearly identical. So I would like to know your thoughts on this

Thanks, Overcrocked

The OCZ PC3500EL CAS 2 and the Twinmos PC3700 CAS 2.5 look like good choices. I'd also consider PC3700 Buffalo 512MB with the BH-5 Winbond chips.

I would go with the ram rated for tighter timings, my TwinMOS PC3700 did 235fsb at like 11-3-3-2.5 and couldn't outperform my Corsair PC3200 at 207fsb with 11-2-2-2. Needless to say I sold the TwinMOS and kept the Corsair. Getting higher FSB's with loose timings is a waste of money if you looking for better performance. Of course what many are rated and what they'll do are two different things, but I took the chance and got burned, maybe you'll be luckier.

Back