• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Pleaseeee!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IrelandMadMan

Ok guys!!!

Just fitted a new xp2200 to an old msi k7t 266 pro 2u board, also a new psu.
I messed up previous to this with an old xp2100 on the same board tryin to unlock it!
Anyway when i power up the system the screen appears blank ?
I forgot to mention i also put an old gfx card in

I tried to clear cmos, but when i do this no power goes to the comp at all.

any ideas guys?

Ireland: try removing the CMOS battery and killing the PSU switch for at least 30 seconds.

also try a known-working video card.

at worst, pull the heatsink and cpu, reseat both, power up and try again =)

lemme know if it works!

*yes i help with more than just DFI boards as you can see lol*

If you put an old AGP card in a new AGP slot then the voltages are incompatible. The older AGP 1x slot was 3.3v and the newer ones are 1.5v, with 1.5v cards. The previous versions are not compatible and the board will not boot until you put a proper one in. Unless you have a board that tries 1.5v anyway and fries the card :S

yeah still wont boot!
Think i might get a new board tomorrow and gfx card .
the card i tried in it was a 32mb card with no make on it ! nice one!

are you sure you have the newest K7T266 Pro2?

there's more than 1 version of that board floating around, and the older versions need a small hardware modification before they accept Tbreds.

i stated that i was fittin a xp2200 to the board at the start of this thread but its xp2400, just to clear that up :)

I will try my own gfx card in and see what happins, maybe this will work

Back