• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Easytune

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the temps in easytune are the same as the ones in bios
if the temps are very high (like 60 celsius) and the heatsink it's not really that hot, than it's just a temp reading gigabyte problem...
what you should do is get the latest bios (use @BioS)
i did that on my gigabyte and the temps droped exactly 10deg celsius
if after the update is still hot than it's really that hot and you should get system fans (i think that every athlon rig should have at least one system fan used as exhaust - in the place under the psu)

Well I have never heard of this easytune (I and anyone who is anyone ;) uses MBM5 :D) but what EBH said is probably right. Though Instead of just making sure your case cooling is on par, consider a new HS.

What are your temps though? You just said reletivly high. This doesn't tell us anything unless we know your scale and what is reletivly normal.

and Welcome all 3 of you if you havn't already.

There is a problem with MBM5 and Gigabyte (at least with the mobos with vt600 chipset like mine): when i start mbm5 the cpu temp shows 75deg CELSIUS!!! - BOTH in mbm5 and in easytune (and also in cpu cool) and i bet that sandra would show the same.... i really don't know what causes this (obiously the temp is NOT 75 deg... is more like a reading problem)
After i quit mbm5 the cpu temp remains 75 deg celsius until i restart windows.... the bios update may solve this (i haven't tried mbm after i flashed it)
I use cpu cool.... i don't like easytune.

Problem is that mbm does not work properly with the gigabyte series of boards either.

A few of us in an attempt to make mbm5 workable in the amdmb gigabyte forums discoverd that we dont all have the same sensors:eek: and even though it is now on their compatability list, it's just not happening.

and i've noticed that in mbm5 and cpu cool there is a third sensor reading from the gigabyte mobo which does not appear, neither in easytune nor in the gigabyte award bios....

that temp is a little higher than the system temp reading... oh and sandra also reads that sensor

????

Back