• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ New Bios 3930

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BTank

Registered
Anybody have any info on this bios? It's not on the official Epox USA or Epox UK or even the Epox Japan sites yet. I'm a little leary in the absence of any info, but since i do have my backup bios chip
:)

Appears OK so far.

3930 Bios:
<<< Memory Bandwidth Benchmark >>>
RAM Bandwidth Int Buffered aEM:3193MB/s
RAM Bandwidth Float Buffered a:2984MB/s

3827 Bios:
<<< Memory Bandwidth Benchmark >>>
RAM Bandwidth Int Buffered aEM:3123MB/s
RAM Bandwidth Float Buffered a:2945MB/s
===============================

3930 Bios:
<<< CPU Arithmetic Benchmark >>>
Dhrystone ALU: 8781MIPS
Whetstone FPU: 3631MFLOPS

3827 Bios:
<<< CPU Arithmetic Benchmark >>>
Dhrystone ALU: 8719MIPS
Whetstone FPU: 3586MFLOPS
===============================

3930 Bios:
<<< CPU Multi-Media Benchmark >>>
Integer aEMMX/aSSE: 21157it/s
Float aSSE: 21473it/s

3827 Bios:
<<< CPU Multi-Media Benchmark >>>
Integer aEMMX/aSSE: 20896it/s
Float aSSE: 21536it/s

O'C seems unchanged. No better. No worse.

http://www.motherboardfaqs.com/article.php?24.255

***won't let me edit title to 3930 instead of 3960, ack! :eek:

Last edited:
BTank, Sandra can vary about 1-3% with the memory and CPU tests. It is a good rule of thumb to run each test 3 times and take the average. The differences you see might just be the random variation of those particular runs.

Regardless, thank for the info.

squeakygeek said:
you don't have to make a boot disc. all you have to do is copy the new bios onto a floppy. it's alot safer than doing it in windows. if it crashes, you're screwed.

really? I haven't had problems with the windows flasher, but I'll go with the floppy for safety concerns, like you say. I know this and have known this for a while, but I'm lazy and hard headed.

Has anyone actually had a problem flashing in windows (crash)? I've never had XP crash on me for reasons other than overclocking too much :). Personally I feel it is a very stable OS. Normally before a BIOS flash, I revert back to fail safe BIOS settings. I've used both and have had a problem with the floppy. I tried flashing with a floppy and everything seemed A-ok, but when I rebooted into windows the BIOS was same version as before the flash. Tried a second time and same results. Decided to use winflash and it worked like a charm. I don't actually use EPoX's flash utility, I go into the folder it installs to and use winflash. I would flash with the version I feel most comfortable with. The fact I don't have a floppy drive in my computer (had to temporarily install one for the flash) along with experiencing problems with the floppy, I normally just flash in windows (and have done so 4 times). Coupled with my battery backup I feel very safe when flashing my BIOS.

Well using the floppy, I keep getting a checksum error on the file, so it won't flash. I dunno what's up. Maybe my 7 year old floppy drive is dying.

Originally found with the download of the new bios
Mainboard Model(s):
EP-8RDA+
EP-8RDA+UL(V2.0)

BIOS FILE NAME:
8RDA3A17.BIN

BIOS FILE DATE:
10/17/2003

BIOS Part No:
6A61BPAA

Boot Title:
10/17/2003 For nForce2-ST Chipset

BIOS Checksum:
3800 (h)

Workaround :
l.Added show AppleBred CPU information
on screen.
2.Added show Barton CPU information
on screen.

latest 8rda+ bios released 3 days ago.. i don't know if that's the same one as you're talking about or not though

Back