• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running a 2,4c on a Abit Ic7-G but my memory sucks !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SaInTZeRo

Registered
Ok
I#m running a 2,4c from malaysia week 21 here.
It goes up to 265 FSB with no problems at all. My Motherboard is an Abit IC7-G rock stable so far.

My only problem is my memory. I can only get over 245 FSB with the memory settings totally relaxed.

I'm currently running

2 X 256MB Geil PC3500 Ultra Dragon

I did like to run my memory at tight settings at an FSB of 265 with 4:5 ration or if possible 1:1

What would be the best memory to go with

Thx for your time
saintzero

well with the exact same setup i am bvuilding for a frriend of mine,, but im going with mushkin lvl 2 2 512mb, garunted for 2-2-2,, hopefully ill get more stable...

No way you'll be able to run that PC3500 RAM at the 1:1 ratio above where you are already at. You need to drop down to the 5:4 ratio to go higher.

SaInTZeRo said:
I did like to run my memory at tight settings at an FSB of 265 with 4:5 ration or if possible 1:1

What would be the best memory to go with

I haven't seen the memory that will run 265fsb in 1:1 at tight timngs yet. I think around 3-4-4-8 is typical for the ram types that can run this much clock speed. Maybe in six months.

As far as the ratio, if you change it you need 5:4 not 4:5. 4:5 runs the memory faster than the fsb, you need to run it slower than the fsb.

Back