• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My GA-7DX+ doesn't support a 2500+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alacritan

Does anyone know why my GA-7DX+ supports the 2400+ and 2600+ chips, but not the 2500+? I bought a 2500+ from newegg and my bios read "unknown cpu type 1466mhz". At the very least, how can I clock it back up to stock 2500+ speeds?

Your CPU has a 333bus speed, the 2400+ is 266bus and the 2600+ comes in 266 and 333, the 333 version of the 2600+ wont work on yur mobo either. Your only real option is to alter the multiplier to around 14x. Im not sure if your mobo will allow that but I dont think so, if not then the only way would be to alter the L3 bridges on the CPU itself.
Hood

I just tried using Easytune to increase the FSB to 166. I haven't stress tested it yet, but it worked. This mobo won't allow multiplier adjustments, only FSB, Vcore and memory timing. Unfortunately, because Easytune is Gigabyte software, the only thing I can adjust is the FSB. Because it's an unrecognized CPU, it won't let me adjust anything else with Easytune. It works though. If it starts crashing with games, I'll just buy some PC2700 RAM.

Hi Alacritan, I see I'm not the only sucker to buy this board. I got a 2200+ processor for mine and I have the same problem, although I have not upgraded to the f7a Beta Bios this could fix my problem. It could also fix yours, I don't know if you have installed it or not you did not say what bios you had installed, and here is a link to where you can download if you don't have it.

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-7DX+.htm

I have f6 installed in mine which should have recognised the processor But I think my processor is a clocked down 2800+ which is good.

The f7a Bios was designed to run the 2600+ at 266 FSB but that was before the Baton core came out there is nothing about them being able to run them at all, I had no idea that it could that’s why I got the 2200+, actually I ordered the 2100+ and got the 2200+ for a free upgrade. If you run this Bios on your computer it may start the FSB at 266 instead of 200 like mine did, it also started with a multiplier of 16.

I think that my mother board is a dud, I have had this problem with my mother board from day I got it and I was hoping that a processor upgrade would fix this, but has not.

Running 3D games on my system under winXP the games have this slow motion thing happening and you will laugh when I say that all I am running is a Geforce2, but I will answer that if a computer not even half the speed and with half the memory running a TNT2 can run it, why can't mine!!! It does not do this under win98.

Anyway I was wondering if you had a slimar problem or not.

Thanx

Raz

Back