• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have I done my homework? New system spec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtern

I'm planning on basing my new system around the nf7-s rev2, here's what I've come up with:

-2500+ Barton
-2 * Twinmos pc3200 512
-powercolor ati 9600 (non-pro)
-120 seagate HD
-zalman cnps7000 HS
-skyhawk case
ect...

Reason why I posting: I'm happy about the decisions xcept for the vid card. B/c I'm only planning on doing a moderate OC, do I need to worry about having a non-pro card? Also I think this one takes up 2 pci slots, is it worth it to save the money?

Also about the twinmos, I've heard its one of the best w/ nf7 at this forum. But how much better is the twister?

Also any other probs you see plz tell me, I'm far from being an expert!!

TIA
xtern

The pro 9600 is far superior to the non pro (which dosn't even beat a ti4200 in most benchs)

Also Highly recommend the Kingston HX PC3200 or 3000 (non a) as they both reach at least 220mhz at 2-2-2-5 on the NF7-S and have a nice price:D

I'm not sure how great Twinmos Twister is, but I know I've seen many, many people get to 230fsb with 2-2-2 timings with Twinmos PC3200 on an NF7-S, so I don't know how the Twister could be any worse.

-Overcrocked

Thanks for setting my mind at ease, I'll just go over to the vid forum and find a decent vid card. I don't have anough bling to splurge on the vid card, so can't get the pro :-\

Well, I'll have to break it to my wife later, but I did go for the pro version... there just didn't seem to be anything good in the cheaper range. Can you blame me? :)

Back