• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So Much Choice :P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

Which is the best make of ram for overclocking on the market at the moment??

I have a Jetway Alioth 845GE mobo can i put say pc3700 in this mobo?? if not what is the fastest it will take?

IMO Corsair is the best ram

"System Memory DDR333/DDR266/DDR200" those are the ram speeds you are supposed to use, im not sure 3700 would work... if you already have the 3700 i would say just try it, but if you are buying the ram now, i would say go for something a little lower like 3200 or 2700.

hmmm how unlikely is it not to work??

I know for a fact that rambus pc4200 works on the intel 850ge board :)

That mainboard most likely will get no benefit from PC3700 memory, since it is an OEM-style board based on an older chipset.

whoa the 850 ge is not rambus is it? and if pc4200 pc 3700 should be fine... but im all confused now. rambus or rdram is not rated at pc 4200... thats ddr.... so uhhh yea.... and where did you get 4200 why don't you just use that instead then?

Corsair is overrated imho, anything with BH5 chips ought to be good for you (look in the BH5 prices thread).

if you say pc 4200 works... then 3700 should too... i just don't understand why you want ram rated at such a high speed. Are you going to oc like a madman or something :D? but just for your info thats ddr not rambus ;).

yuh at the moment i have pc2100 so i max out from 2.4 to 2.8 which is a shamefull overclock :p want some damn fast ram to get the most out of the 2.4 :D:D:D

Back