• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burning it your Memory!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

Burning in your Memory!?!?

I was wondering if anyone has had better results after burning in your memory. How did you do it and for how long. I've read before that burning in memory gave some people up to 20MHz increase.. So let see how many of you have had success with burning in memory..

I have some Kingston HyperX 1GB dual DDR

Previously, my memory was outright unable to cross 206mhz. Anything above, regardless of voltage, would give numerous memtest errors and be unable to complete 3dmark. After a 24 burn-in with Prime95, oddly enough, it can now reach 228 6-3-3-2, without any problems.

Gautam said:
Previously, my memory was outright unable to cross 206mhz. Anything above, regardless of voltage, would give numerous memtest errors and be unable to complete 3dmark. After a 24 burn-in with Prime95, oddly enough, it can now reach 228 6-3-3-2, without any problems.

Very nice... I need to hear moe stories like this..

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
how exactly do you burn in memory? i've heard lower fsb, raise voltage, is this correct, and how exactly would you implement it?

Well everyone has there own method... Mine (the one I'm doing right now) is run the memory with the highest voltage possible at the highest speed that it's stable. I also use prime95 myself because it's so sensitive. I'll post my results if any.

Back