• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it Dead??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neo_18

i just picked up a new Asus A7V133 mobo and a new AMD 2000+. i just mounted and and got all the stuff hooked up and went to boot it for the 1st time. booted up for a few sec's and then powered down???? tryed to power it up again and would not boot. i was thinking i killled the powersupply so i went out and got a new 420w, hooked it up and it did the same thing again. booted up for a few sec's then powered down. " now im thinking what the hell???" took the mobo out and all my hardware and looked at it. seemed all good but still will not boot. all the dips at set as stock. is my new mobo dead or what?

what you think? is there suming im missing that is making this do this?

Neo_18:mad: :(

Did you clear the CMOS?? Just a thought....look in the manual, it will tell you how to do it. Even if you already did it, it's worth a shot before you go sending it back....

What fan are you using on the CPU heatsink?
In some cases, if the fan does not have the rotation sensor wire and the fan is plugged into the cpu/fan header, the system thinks the fan is not working and shuts down the system.

i give up

yah i think its dead... i did the coms and took the bat out and what not and still will not boot. and i did try booting on box and still no go :( yah ill send it back and then i guess ill try using it again in like 6-8 weeks :mad:

Neo

Back