• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM ID software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daaq

Registered
Hello was wondering if there is any software that can id ram modules, asus prob says unknown as far as speed is concerned, and i cannot remove the heat spreaders to see what type of module manufacturer they are, { warranty issues}
any way they are pc3200 cas-2 ddr but that is all i know for the moment, if anyone could explain the difference between the 3200 and 3200 cas2 would be appreciated also thanks.

Try firing the model number into Google.

From your comment about "if anyone could explain the difference between the 3200 and 3200 cas2 would be appreciated " I'm guessing you may have PC3200 RAM from Corsair. In that case, the regular 3200 is probably CAS2.5 or maybe even CAS3, while the CAS2 is obviously CAS2. If you do have Corsair XMS3200C2, the rated timings are 2-3-3-6 @ 2.75V. The best guess (although I beleive not confirmed) is that the 3200C2 modules use Winbond BH5 chips. I do not know what modules the normal 3200 sticks use.

Back