• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a couple of nf7-s 2.0 questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rutkus

ok, just got my nf7-s rev 2.0 friday, right now i'm doing 12x196 = 2.356-2.365ghz according to cpu-z its really fluctuating and i don't know why. is this a problem?

its as close to 200fsb as i can get it. anything more and it bsod and reboots right as it hits windows. my rig is in my sig, my temperatures are not a problem right now, its stable in a couple of games, but when i played halo, it just rebooted for the first time just now. anyway i have been reading some threads and i'm confused about a couple of things,

#1, to get go 200fsb do i need to bridge any multipliers on the chip itself?

#2 it will not recognize the my dvd+r in my second ide chain? i have 2 hds on ide1, and 1 cdr and dvd+r on my second chain, has anyone encountered this problem?

also, the goal is to hit 2.5ghz, it got all the way to what it is now fairly painlessly, its still very cool temp wise, and stable for the most part. any tips on how to get there?

The fsb issue could be the ram.... its only 3200 and running in dual channel, which drops the maximum overall possible fsb (seen 1* 2700 do 215 fsb stable, but in dual channel max is 205)
shouldn't have to bridge anything. Try this, drop multi to 10 and increse fsb to 200. If it works ok, then keep increasing fsb until its unstable again, then knock 5 mhz off that. keeping multi @ 10. Then increase the multi, leaving the fsb @ the max you found until its unstable again. drop multi one notch, or decrease fsb, should then give you the max of the ram and the chip.....

i'm sitting at 10.5 x 220fsb right now @ 6-3-3-2, and seems to be stable, i REALLY want 2.4ghz, it'll come around eventually... the ram seems to hold up, i went all the way up to 227fsb but then it wouldn't boot to windows

Back