• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair TwinX 3200LL Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

int

Registered
For some reason I can't get my system to run above 255mhz fsb, and I've heard from some people it's because of the BH5 limitations. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

well it's been at 200 here at 5:4 250mhz, i tried upping to 5:4 267mhz to get 3.2ghz, which would run the ram at a 213mhz speed. i relaxed the timings down to PC4000 level, ran it at 2.7v, no dice. should i just fart around at 1:1 and see what i can get it to run at? what voltage should i start at?

I would set it to 2.9v right off the bat and run it 1:1.

If it is really BH5 it likes voltage and should do 220-225 easy @ 6-2-2-2. Lot's of people run it at well over 3.2v but I would limit the voltage to 3.0v for 24/7

I don't know Intel stuff but what I would do is find the max speed the RAM will run at. Do that by scaling up to higher RAM speeds without stressing the processor. Once you know what the RAM can do on it's own, the rest is pretty easy.

Back