• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to interpret Bandwidth results (sisoftsandra)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike89

Ok you can see my specs below. Running 5/4 divider, fsb 250 - 200 memory, mem timings 2-3-3-7.

In SisoftSandra I'm getting this:

Memory Bandwidth benchmark-
RAM Int Buffered iSSE2 Bandwidth 4976 mb/s
RAM Float Buffered iSSE2 Bandwidth 4957 mb/s

What does this mean exactly and how does it rate? I mean, what is the real world difference between what I have and say 6000?

Do mem timings effect bandwidth? Does running 2-2-2-5 give more bandwidth than 2-3-3-7?

Is Sisoft really accurate? I mean it says my memory is at 78% efficiency. How could that be? I'm running it at the full 200 mhz with is what the 875P chipset runs at, I would think it should be 100%.

Are there any other benchmarking programs to compare the results with?

Is there going to be different bandwidth results from having 2 sticks of 256 vs 2 sticks of 512 vs 4 sticks of 256? I mean I have 1 f-ing gig of memory! You'd think 1 gig of memory is going to have more bandwidth than 512 megs of memory but by the results I've seen on forums, it seems just the opposite. I don't get it. (my wife tells me I don't get a lot of things). Heh!

I see memory bandwidth results in this forum higher than mine with lower cpu mhz. It's got me wondering just how important is memory bandwidth. I mean what's faster, a lower mhz cpu with higher bandwidth or a higher mhz cpu with lower bandwidth?

In the Sisoft comparison, there is a 3.2 gig 875P with pc3200 and it's score is a touch higher than mine (around 5007). Again how can that be when I'm running 3.5 gig and a 250 fsb? Does fsb even influence memory bandwidth?

As you can see here by my questions, I am a bit confused about memory bandwidth.

Last edited:
Back