• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which would you pick???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

Gotta guy who has two 512meg sticks of Buffalo PC3700 466MHz CL3 or two 256meg sticks of Corsair XMS Platinum 3200LLPT memory that he wants to trade for some parts I have...A gig of Buffalo or a half gig of Corsair...Cannot make up my mind...Any thoughts???:(

Two sticks of this Buffalo

Buffalo Technology 512MB 6 Layer PC3700 DDR Memory Module 32X8 (Winbond Module), DD466-512 - OEM

They are the 99.00 modules on this page at newegg

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...ory=1646&catalog=147&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

The Corsair is

CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, Low Latency (Twin Pack) 512MB(2 x 256MB) 2x(32MX64) PC-2700LLPT With Platinum - Silver Heat Spreader.

The Corsair is the second one priced at 140.00

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...alog=147&manufactory=1666&description=&page=2

Funny you should choose "Axis Bold as Love" my favorite song on Axis for sure...But Electric Lady Lady is the album...wicked stuff...the best ever...even to this day...
:)

id go for the 0.5 gig of corsair, its got better latencies than the buffalo. and the chance of it getting to the speeds of the buffalo or near it, are reasonable i think...well. i mean of it getting near half its speed :D

huh? 1 gig of RAM rocks dude. and the bufflo PC3700 is BH-5. You may not get quite as low timings but you'll get a much higher FSB. On an AMD system I highly doubt you'd notice the difference in timings, with myh BH-5 PC3700 (it's twinmost but buffalo is just as good) I can run 2 3 3 6 at 235 FSB prime stable @ 2.9v. I doubt the corsair could do that.
At 200-210 though the buffalo might not do the 2 2 2 5 the corsair does, but the difference between 2 3 3 6 and and 2 2 2 5 in an nfroce2 is negligable, only noticeable in benches...1 gig on the other hand you will notice.

Well it all depends on what your prorities are. If you want the better ram, get the Buffalo. If you want the ram that is sopposed to be better, get the Corsair.

Buffalo 3700 isn't the absolute best BH5 stick out there, but it's very good. The Corsair is CH5, which is inferior to competent BH5 modules like the Buffalo for modern applications. So if you get the Corsair, you get half as much ram, but at least it's slower...

ROMAL

Buffalo 3700 isn't the absolute best BH5 stick out there, but it's very good. The Corsair is CH5, which is inferior to competent BH5 modules like the Buffalo for modern applications. So if you get the Corsair, you get half as much ram, but at least it's slower...

That is funny...I really like the "So if you get the Corsair, you get half as much ram, (this is the part that I am still giggling about)..."but at least it's slower"

Hummm...I think maybe I will get the Buffalo...LOL...still laughing...:p

Got it...Man I dont think he knew what he had...He traded them to me for a Antec SX635B II and a 530watt Fortron power supply...Maybe I need to find out what he will trade for the Corsair...:D

Back