• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabyte ga-7n400pro 2 boot from sata??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dissolved

hello, i was wondering if anyone could get there gigabyte ga-7n400pro 2 to boot off there sata hdd's?

the only way i could figure it out is if i set the bios to scsi then select sata.. but when i do it trys to boot off the cdrom ???

anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

I just saw these instructions at another site, give it a try.

set ya first boot device to scsi ....set the boot drive in the sata config to be a boot drive, then try to boot it up should recognize it if when loading you load the sata ide driver(F6 to install a scsi)then load the operating system to the sata drive .unplug the ata hardrive first ...afte you have everything loaded plug it back into the system....make sure its formatted b4 pluggin it back into the system ....wont show up if you dont

3sixes said:
I just saw these instructions at another site, give it a try.

set ya first boot device to scsi ....set the boot drive in the sata config to be a boot drive, then try to boot it up should recognize it if when loading you load the sata ide driver(F6 to install a scsi)then load the operating system to the sata drive .unplug the ata hardrive first ...afte you have everything loaded plug it back into the system....make sure its formatted b4 pluggin it back into the system ....wont show up if you dont

You copied that from my thread at AMDMB.com :|

That doesnt slove my problem..

Dissolved,
You are correct, It was taken from a thread at amdmb.com, hence the disclaimer.

Sorry It didnt solve your problem, I will continue to be on the look out for an answer to this.

3sixes said:
Dissolved,
You are correct, It was taken from a thread at amdmb.com, hence the disclaimer.

Sorry It didnt solve your problem, I will continue to be on the look out for an answer to this.

Thanks alot :)

Yea, ive been thinking about it..

BUT i tryed booting off the sata w/o the scsi card in and it trys to boot from the cdrom still..

Wild told me to try to boot from scsi w/o the card in and see if it would detect the sata..

So ill try that...

i allready got my raptor for sale, so ill probly just buy the top of the line scsi drive.. it would be faster then any sata anyways :)

So you can't boot off your SATA drives? THAT SUCKS! Iwas hoping to one day use dual Raptors and stripe them up for a fast (albit small) C: drive. :)

BTW, in the manual, it states that you can change the boot order to SATA. However, in the BIOS, although the option is there, it is disabled (can't highlight it). What gives?

Maybe someone should email Gigabyte about it.

So far, I'm sticking with PATA until SATAs become more the norm.

naddie said:
BTW, in the manual, it states that you can change the boot order to SATA. However, in the BIOS, although the option is there, it is disabled (can't highlight it). What gives?

Maybe someone should email Gigabyte about it.

So far, I'm sticking with PATA until SATAs become more the norm.

You have to select "scsi" in the first boot option to enable the boot choice

Back