• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X slow boot and running

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boxboy

Registered
So i got the new system together but it seems slow.

I mean it boots slower then my A7V8X ever did with all the same components.
I have the FBS set @ 200 the the Cpu external frq @200
memory timings are 2-3-3-7 (corsair XMS3200)
Agp Fast writes off
all other ports not being used turned off.

What else should i look at im kinda bummed thinging this board would scream past the other!

Ummm - so the board boots slower. It has more stuff to load and check (like the SATA, the LAN ports, and the firewire if you didn't disable them all...) - thats all.

I am sure you will find it's performance perfectly up to par in Windows.

see the old board is basicaly the same board with a few different option and the Via chipset. When i go to install prgrams its really slow, gaming i dont see an increase in frame rate that i would have excpected with the higher FSB. (old board 175 this board 200) It just seems like there is something wrong!

As i said before i disabled all things and ports i dont use! Like Sata, serial ports, moden, ieee ports , and etc.!

ok me set up!

What could be causing system slow down and instablility?

ok all the bios setting i think would be relivant or dont know what they are..............

Prime 95 is running with these setting now ans hasnt stopped for 5 min........................LOL and fail after 5 min (well an improvment)

GateA20 - disabled
APIC - enabled (from HD set up)
CPU external Freq. - 200
CPU multiplyer - 11.5
system performance - user defiend
CPU interface - optimal
Memory freq - 100%
SDRAM active - 7
SDRAM ras to cas - 3
SDRAM ras precharge - 3
SDRAM cas latency - 2.5

FEB spectrum - 1.00%
APG spectrum - disabled
CPU V.core - 1.67v
DDR Ref. voltage - 2.6v

the only port i have on are the Printer port (on board parrallel) and the 3com Lan port

Back