• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some advice when changing from A7N8X standard to DLX MB.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I took off my heatsink and cleaned it 3 weeks ago and my pc would not run anymore.
Anyway gave up trying to get my standard A7n8X Mb to work so i got the same board but delux this time with a new 2500 barton. Even though i think my 2100 0302 is ok thought this would run better.
I wanted to know can i just stick it all in and not format my Hard drive and uninstall the old asus standard board drivers with nvidia file remover??
I need to get some data off this drive.
Even if i could get into windows and transfer to another drive then format i could live with that.
I just did not want to blow my new board as win xp may try use old drivers as it will think old board is in.
Also i got the retail version of the barton from newegg any good OC dates i should look out for?
Also i forgot this setting in mny bios you have to set one setting in the bios to 66mhz otherwise the HDD will go funny what was that called.
I had my setup running at 2.4g for 9 months forgot that setting LOL.
Also does this barton run different vcore than my 2100 B 0302 and at is a safe vcore to run.
Have a good day chaps.
Cheers.
Malcolm.

It will more than likely boot up just fine. I've done that myself a few times.

You will get a rev 2 board. Look between the pci slots and the 2.0 will be there.

Also i forgot this setting in mny bios you have to set one setting in the bios to 66mhz otherwise the HDD will go funny what was that called.

PCI/AGP frequency

Default barton +2500 vcore is 1.65

to be more specific, its between the 2 and 3 pci slots, it should also say in the asus pc probe and on antoehr little sticker on the mobo
________
house wives Cams

Last edited:
Warning!

I replaced my defective version 2.0 M/B with another version 2.0 & XP forced me to call M/S for a new product ID.

Back