• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hynix Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Y.E

Anyone heard of them are they any good?

How about these: OCZ400256P 256M DDR400 PC3200 CL2.5 (with heatsink) are they better than kingston : Kingston 256M DDR400 PC3200 ( KVR400X64C3/256 )

Ill bet u that YE wants to know if his Kingston memory module with Hynix chips rated for DDR 400 with CAS 3 is better or worse than the OCZ DDR400 with CAS 2.5.

YE, if i understand u right, OCZ is the better memoery in that choice. Not becuz of the heatsinks, but becuz the OCZ is rated for CAS 2.5, while the Kingston (value ram i presume) is rated for CAS 3. The lower the CAS timing you can get the better ur memory will perform.

Hmm i did not know that hynix was a chip ... anyways i did phrase the question wrong. My main question is how is Hynix ram? I want to choose pc3200 ram from this webpage : http://www.cty.ca/memory.htm I was going to choose the OCZ with cas2.5 but for some reason when u customize an entire system on that webpage (http://www.cty.ca/customize.asp?301) and select ocz it says +70 but the ocz is only 13 more than the hynix. so i guess when they sell a system they give discount for the hynix ram (ill email and double check) so i was wandering if hynix ram would be ok (ill prolly only run at 200fsb anyways not more)

Hynix is a Semiconductor company that produces DRAM chips. Their 4ns and 4.3ns chips are currently the chip of choice for DDR500+ applications, although they suffer from the loosest of timings. This is pretty much the same deal with thier 5ns chips as well. They arn't fit for the tightest of timings, although they overclock decently compared to other (non-Winbond) chips.

Speed_Mechanic2 said:
Hynix is a Semiconductor company that produces DRAM chips. Their 4ns and 4.3ns chips are currently the chip of choice for DDR500+ applications, although they suffer from the loosest of timings. This is pretty much the same deal with thier 5ns chips as well. They arn't fit for the tightest of timings, although they overclock decently compared to other (non-Winbond) chips.

This is correct. I have 2 sticks of Hynix 400DDR (wasn't a dual package) that will run at about 440DDR (220mhz) without touching the voltage. They do have very loose timings, but hey, they are dirt cheap! I paid $63 CND each.

RideGuy

Sure, the ram comes stock as 3,4,4,7. At these settings I was able to take the ram easily to 220mhz. I had it all the way up to 233mhz, windows would boot but it wasn't stable. I am now running it at 200mhz at 2.5,4,4,7.

RideGuy

Y.E:

If you are running an P4C system, the "no-name" brand RAM with Hynix chips will give you a very good chance to reach DDR500 or get close (see my sig) for a cheap price but if you are running the AMD system in your sig, the Hynix chips may not work very well for you. Have a look at this thread for an AMD user who was not happy with the Hynix PC3200 in his system. I actually bought mine from the same store as he did. The chips just seem to work better with a P4 setup.

Cheers

Is it better to have the ram 1:1 with fsb and lower the timing (in this case 1:1 with 133) or have it set at 5:4 (166) with a little loose timings?

I see everyone saying 2.5 or 3.0 and I dont understand why when 2.0 is a better setting. Or at least that is what I thought. I am running Hynix 2x512mb chips at 2.0 and 3-3-3-7 or something to that fact. I ran the new Memtest let it run 2 full passes and did not have a single error.

Did I get something good for a change by accident. It is the BT D43 stuff.

Just in case someone can tell me if I have screwed something up, here is a link to what my system is set up as.
http://www.captfiero.com/cpuz.htm

hynix

last night I tested the D-43 Hynix, I did very well was able to hit 285 at 5:4 and 260 fsb at 1:1, I have yet to run prime for a while , I will puch this ram further when I get vdimm modd, using settings of 8,4,4,3but I also may sell it as I have been offered good cash for it, profit of $80, LOL you notice the pricde has been creeping up now on it....

cisco kid

I see the price has gone up 3$ in as many days. I have been doing some research on it and even Asus is claiming that this is good ram right on there site. Intel has done some kind of certification saying that they say it is good as well. I think we might just be witnesing the birth of the newest "High End" ram company. Call your brokers people time to invest. LOL.

Well in my world I am just happy that I got something good for a good deal for a change.

yep the hynix bt d43 chips are very desirable especially for high fsb 1-1 overclockingwith slack timings. they seem to tolerate hi voltages and respond well.. believe it or not the new ocz is using hand picked d43 chips for their very expensive new pc4500. so for a modest price you get the distinct chance of getting some very fast ram.

Back