• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WInbond W942508BH-5 and Samsung VGA ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ritalin

Hey people, i got a stick of Winbond 512 DDR400 PC3200 Ram
the full stuff written on the ram chip thingies is...
303WE
W942508BH-5
Well... is it any good?
I know one stick is not good (cuz of the whole only 400mhz vs the rest -cpu+mobo- that are a 800 or something...) but im planning on getting another stick exactly the same for about 574NIS (divide it by 4.4 for price in dollars).
Is it good ram? Should i get another stick or is it pointless for some reason? Why yes/no?
(weird.. nothing on the winbond website...)
All i know is that it's CL2.5, what else can you guys tell me about this ram (such as timings...)?

Ok this last part may fit in video card but whatever....
ther little memory thingies on my 9700PRO say:
Samsung
k4D26323ra-gc2a
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Sem...ry/DDRSDRAM/128Mbit/K4D26323RA/K4D26323RA.htm
Is that any good for overclocking? What should i use to cool/boost it?
Thx
Ritalin

You've got good memory chips (Winbond BH5) which are the same used in Mushkin PC3500 Level 2 sticks. However, the quality of the PCB will affect performance. Test that stick and see how high it'll go. Then, if it does well, grab another with the same chips.

About the video card memory: according to that link, those chips are designed for 350MHz max. The stock memory speed on the 9700 Pro is 325 so you'll get a few MHz. Get some nice RAM sinks and put them on with some Arctic Silver Epoxy.

~THT

Samsung GC2A memory (2.86ns) is the top-quality overclocking memory for video cards. With a case that has good airflow, it's capable of reaching speeds of 380MHz+ (DDR760). Under extreme cooling it's capable of surpassing 400MHz+ (DDR800). Although your results may differ, as most overclocks of this nature were with a raddy 9800 pro.

Copper or high-quality Aluminum mini-heatsinks covering the Samsung chips may help (be sure to use a good thermal compound) keep them cool for high overclocks.

Back