• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Annoying double multipliers--- advice needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P2P

anyone got any tips on how to select which of the double multipiers u want to use?

my problem is that i have a duron morgan 1300 here that i have successfully got to clock to 1456

the fsb max's out at 185 fsb(currently running at 180x 7.5=1354)

but i cant seem to use the double multi to run this chip at 8x due to it automaticaly taking the second option (16x) result is a no post

my goal is to get it running at 180x8 giving me a speed of 1440 but i canna seem to get past this annoying hic-up

i mean whats the point of these double multi's if it only will select one of the two (the highest)

i have also tried thw 8.5 option with a slightly lower fsb but still no post

any pointers on this ??

p.s. i unlocked the cpu using the pecil trick on L1

I suspect that you're getting the 8X multi - but it won't post with the 8X mutli. Try feeding it more Vcore voltage. The higher multipliers are disabled - so the lower ones are the only ones you can use. Still a pain being limited to only the low ones though ;).

Try running it @ 100 x 8.5 - I'll bet that it will post at 850 MHz - not 1600 ;)

no i have tried that m8 it is still a no post :(

i feel there must be a way to do it or why would they still be putting the double multiplier option in and not fixed

other higher multi's arnt locked either stock is 13x i also have had it run on 14x100

also i have reached 1456 on default vcore which is 1.75 so i dont think it is that either i think its a bug or summat in the bios

p.s how can i add an avatar pic to this forum?

Last edited:
Back