• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is uber bios, PLEASE HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dguy6789

Hey, i was just wondering, what is the uber bios? How is it different from the regular ones, should i get it instead? is it stable, or made by a few teenagers in there backyard shack?

It is made by a guy who knows what he is doing - in a backyard shack.

Check out www.nforcershq.com - in the ASUS nForce2 section there is a sticky with *all* of the currently available BIOS images, and some information about the newest "official" and the newest "UBER", and what each one has to offer. The Uber BIOSs basically have some features enabled that ASUS didn't make available in their BIOSs, and it is more stable and better for overclocking - according to some people.

Note that some of the enabled features don't do anything (The VDD Voltage selection for instance), and that some people (including me) have had some serious issues of BIOS corruption with the UBER BIOSs.

By BIOS corruption I mean that you change an option in the BIOS, save to CMOS, restart your rig, and then can't post. This is caused by a failed write to the BIOS chip.

Both times I have tried an UBER BIOS it has corrupted itself about five minutes after flashing it, the first time I changed any settings. Good thing I have a spare BIOS chip to hotflash with... (past the nervous breakdowns as a result of such...) :(

Take it as you will - I prefer to use the "official" BIOS produced by ASUS (newest revision being 1006), but many like the UBER BIOSs more (newest revision being 1005, although many claim that the 1004 UBER is the best overclocking BIOS - which tells you how sketchy each release of the UBER really is... :p).

Read up a little bit over on nforcershq to get a wider perspective, and more results than my personal experience.

Asus has released an official 1007 final bios.There is also an 1007 uber.:)I've never had a problem useing the uber bios,I'm useing 1007 uber now.:D

Back