• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to nforce board quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

germanjulian

I just got my Abit Nf7-s rev.2 (drool) and my radeon 9800 pro (YEAH). [cant wait to get home from work]

:)

so anyway I never had a nforce board before and I am wondering if I can change the multiplier in the bios without unlocking my barton 2800+? does that work?

will my slk947 fit (mounting holes) without bending capacitators again?

any other note you have to a kt400 board user? i downloaded the latest drives from nvidia allready.

Oh and I can only run my ram at 333DDR so no 400Mhz FSB for me

yes the barton is unlocked and u can change the multiplier from the bios

the SLK-947 will fit

before u can boot into windows with your new motherboard u will have to repair windows with the windows cd

u might be able to run faster than 333fsb if your ram can do it just overclock it :)

YEAH ITS ALIVE! yeah works prime95 would work till i switch on the page file again even with 1GB of ram though the page file never got bigger then to what I set it.

5575 3dmark score all stock! well happy. feels faster. the nforce board that is.

germanjulian said:
5575 3dmark score all stock!

I'm assuming that's 3D Mark 2003, right? With that hardware, it'd have to be... Good score!! :thup:

I can't even run it w/ the card I've got. (4x AGP Ti4200) I get decent 2001SE scores though...:rolleyes:

Enjoy it....nice rig you've got going there...;)

B.

sorry to bring back a old thread but i was searching to see if the slk947 fits the nf7 rev2.. says on there site that it doesnt fit the rev2.. But looks like it does :D :D I cant wait to get home and install this beast ;) Dont think im gona have a chance of getting this microcool chipset thing on tho.. hmm.. gotta buy a dremel this weekend...hehe

Thunda

Back