• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 Asus Live Update works!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniper.nkc

Hi all. Just wanted to let you know that Asus Live Update actually works. I updated my Bios from 1005 to 1007, however I did encounter a small problem but was able to recover.

I selected a German site to get my bios. It seems the other two USA servers were not working. I select auto select and it found a bios for my board. Wow! This program did all the thinking for me.

At the end of installation, it ask to reboot to verify correct bios install. When I select reboot, I did get an error message "windows root directory\system32\ntoskernel.exe corrupt file." Now I did panick for a little. I powered off and back on and voice reporter said "system failed memory test."

I again powered off and back on a couple of times until I was able to get a POST and found my new bios was in default settings, 100MHz FSB. So I changed it to 166 and wholla, I am back in business and my OS loaded up fine. I went back into Asus Live Update to check on version and it said 1007! It works people and it is so easy.

Just wanted to inform you all of this nice feature Asus provides to the A7N8X Deluxe. Please note I have Rev 2.0, and depending on your MB revision, you will need a different Bios.

Happy Flashing!

:)

Hi there!

Well no doubt ASUS live update IS indeed somewhat handy, but honestly i believe that until we finally get rid of BIOS someday, its better & safer to flash it through the traditional way: Boot disk, DOS prompt, Flashing utility. I have done two bios flashes to my comp (based on an ASUS mobo and with Asus Live Update), both of them with the traditional way and both of them fully succesful. Yes, it does require a little extra caution from your side, but eventually its the best method.

I download, unzip and place bios file on desktop (total time to do about 30 seconds) then do update bios from file. I did it this way with my 1.6 board and now with my 2.0 board. NEVER had a single problem with bios over the last 12 mths doing it this way. By doing it this way, internet connection or corrupt download is not a factor. (knock on wood!!!)

Back