• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you still have your 8RDA+ after a chipset VMod 4-6 mths after?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mata2974

Back in Jan - March of this year when the nforce2 chipset was hot, most of us who owned 8RDA and 8RDA+ did a voltage mod on the chipset to get over 200FSB, I am trying to track down those owners if their mobos are still working. After I did the volt mod I could go as far as 220FSB, that was 8 mths ago. The mobo has since died (well kind of, it still boots up just with a high risk of killing the processor), and took 3 processors with it. How have you guys faired ?

Mine died after 5 minutes in a conflagration of smoke and fire. Everything but the board survived. Seems the smd grabber I used wiggled a little bit and touched the next leg over on the IC.

Bought mine in January, this year.
Did the volt mod, with a small resistor after using a variable to get 1.80 Vdd.
Still runs fine, and posts at better than 226 FSB, although a little tricky. Win 98 is fine, but Win XP just crashes before welcome screen. Highest post was with the current system.
2825Mhz, 226FSB, 12.5 multi.

Mine lasted about 3 months till a lightening storm killed my mobo and cpu. I had it turned off but still plugged it. The power supply and all other components were fine though.

Mine's lasted seven months and counting at 1.85vdd. The northbridge doesn't want to go much over 200MHz (A3 stepping).

no,
it ran fine at 1.85 for about a month
then i wanted more...
hehe my northbridge actually blew....smelled awlful
but it was my fault. when i was adjusting my potentiometer i rewired the grabbers incorrectly and boom :bang head

i was sad and excited at the same time....that was 7 months ago

Still going strong since last feburary or so, 1.825vdd. Never would do much over 200mhz FSB stable, so it hasnt been pushed too hard.

I just hooked mine back up tonight.
Running a brand new 2100 through the paces to see how this compares to my 1700 that I had on here before..

I just got a refurb version 1.1 from newegg, running without vdd mod @ 210 fsb right now , still wanna do the mod, wish someone was selling kits premade like Larry quinns volt mods.

-Milkman

I also like OnDborder got mine a while back and just set it back up on my water I managed to get and is running with 1.9vdd as it did 2-3 months ago 24\7 when I took it down all seems well and I think I have had the board 9 months or so and have been up to 220+fsb with 1.97vdd.

Back