• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Static sounds on 7N400 Pro2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

naddie

Just got the mobo, and realized that everytime I open an app, scroll thru a window, etc... I would hear some funky noises coming out of my speakers.

Is this the sound card acting iffy? I don't want to put another sound card on there if the built-in nVidia one is just as good (and I want that AC3 encoding!).

Thanks.

naddie,
Check you soundstorm controll panel, mute or turn down all of the sliders that you dont need/use and see if the problem disappears.

Strange that the Gigabyte doesn't actually uses the nVidia Soundstorm drivers - they use RealTek's. However, on the Asus boards, they did.

Anyways, I left my PC on for a while now, and the static sounds now have died down ALOT to the point where I can only hear them if I turn the vol on my speakers UP.

BTW, I checked the playback vols, and mic and line-in are already muted.

Thanks. BTW, does the Pro2 have the Soundstorm? What I really want is the real-time AC3 encoder.

Thanks.

naddie,
No it does not that was one of the differences between the 7nnxp/pro and the pro2

Doh! So the nnxp and the pro has it, huh? dang... oh well. the rest of the board is sweet! 4-IDE channels, 2 SATAs - 10 total IDE devices! Gigabit Ethernet... yum...

Too bad for the soundstorm. BTW, what other differences between those three boards? Should I have gotten one over the others, I wonder...

Back