• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

prime 95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boxboy

Registered
Ok so im in the process of testing stability and all that good sh@t so i DL Prime 95 and run the benchmark thqat runs fine then i hit torture test and BAM it doesnt even run 1 min with out an Error.

Now i was on lunch and just got back to work but how do you determine what Errors are caused by what?

well, your setup seems good, except what psu r u using???

anyway, because of the apparent good setup, i'd say up the vcore, what's it at anyway?

there's no real way to know what the error was caused by, except that your setup is currently unstable, lol

lol I SEE well it didnt even pass the first test.
When i tried it at lunch i upped the Multiplyer to 11.5 (just playing around) normaly i had it set to 11.
Vcore is 1.65 that or 1 up from the default
Vdimm is 1 up from default.

PSU is an Antec 330Watt (i think its bad but its been working fine, I noticed that 2 of the plugs for like HD's were bad and the computer wouldnt boot if i used them to power any thing)

Ill check specific from my Bios when i get home after work! So look for tham around 6:45 pm EST LOL

Last edited:
ok all the bios setting i think would be relivant or dont know what they are..............

Prime 95 is running with these setting now ans hasnt stopped for 5 min........................LOL and fail after 5 min (well an improvment)

GateA20 - disabled
APIC - enabled (from HD set up)
CPU external Freq. - 200
CPU multiplyer - 11.5
system performance - user defiend
CPU interface - optimal
Memory freq - 100%
SDRAM active - 7
SDRAM ras to cas - 3
SDRAM ras precharge - 3
SDRAM cas latency - 2.5

FEB spectrum - 1.00%
APG spectrum - disabled
CPU V.core - 1.67v
DDR Ref. voltage - 2.6v

the only port i have on are the Printer port (on board parrallel) and the 3com Lan port

up the vcore to 1.725(i'm assuming it's set to 1.650 and reads 1.67)

if it runs longer but still errors out, up it more

will do but that reading was the setting in the bios.
i hit it today at lunch (1-2pm est) and leave Prime running.

Well i uppdate the Vcore to 1.72 and left it running, When i get home ill post the results (4 hrs later)

Last edited:
well it ran Prime for 4 hours strait but seemed to only cycle thru the stress test about 3 to 4 times (is that correct) max temp was 48 degrees when i got home from work!

r u running the "Torture Test" on "Blend"?

if not, it's in the "Options" tab, that's what u should be running

temps are good

well i ran the blend for the 4 hrs yesterday then last night i ran the torture test it ran thru like 3 times then failed.

hehehe, 3 times huh, lol

prime95 torture test will run for ever, if you're stable and you let it

but you did get up to 4 hours, give it more power, if you don't like the temps, then back down on the oc

Back