• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH-5 + BH-6 in Dual DDR?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

Will it work?
I have a Corsair Pc3200C2 after discussing the subjec with larva and the other guys we got to a comclusion that this is BH-6.
I know a little store that has 1 stick of 256 with Winbond BH-5.
I told him to send it to me and if it works I'll pay if not I'll just ship it back.

What do you say guys? is it worth the 6$ shipment? :D
Suma.

That is possible but of course it depends on the quality of sticks, in particular BH-6 one. There is nothing magical about dual channels. I have run that with different sticks and with different brands. It doesn't matter as long as it works.

Specifically I know of the case where BH-5 and BH-6 were running together in a dual channel. Both of the same brand, Kingston. Therefore I would say you have a good chance running this together. But of course nothing is certain. As a matter of fact it is not certain you can run "matched sticks" together. There is a lot of hot air in memory business. I would buy a stick of BH-5 just for the reason it is a stick of BH-5 as long as the price is reasonable. And by the way Corsair makes no better memory than any of the rest of the crowd, they just charge more and send the best sticks for the reviews. I would never pay their prices. I have 10+ systems with dual channels and only two of them have memory that was sold as "matched." I think I am past the point of believing that I need to pay premium to get the performance. On the contrary.

I like my Corsair.. (won it in a contest like a year ago :p)
I'll get the BH-5 and test it.

Back