• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on the ASUS SK8N 64bit board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

image690

Just was hoping to get a few opinions on this board, I jsut picked it up for my work computer to speed things up a bit and was wondering if there has been any reports or tests or personal experiences with this board.

i really hope you have either an opteron or athlon 64FX. This motherboard will not work with any other cpu. You also must have ecc registered ddr sdram. Yes it is 64 bit.

Yeah I got the 1.8g operton amd and my new memory should behere today....

Here is the layout I have for this setup now...

Asus SK8n main board, operton 64bit 1.8mg, ati Radeon 9800 pro 256mg, (2) corsair 4000mhz dual ddr 1gig twinx, koolance exos H20, XMPCR, (2) pioneer DVD-RW, Creative 6.1, Vantec 420 watt power supply, Toshiba 19" LCD, seagate barracuda 7200.7 ra

good luck w/ it, ppl have been having some problems w/ it, i say it's because it's the newest technology and their of course trying to overclock using it

i'll be waiting at least a year before i put a 64bit system together, wait for bugs to be fixed and prices to drop

any idea on what kind of problems?.... Im having 2 of the computer programmers here at work help me with this becyuawe it is so new...we are planning on overclocking this pretty hard..... luckily my Cousin is a contracted DE for AMD and could help on this... I did some checking with thru AMD as well as a few industry related friends and they all recommended this board as to being "one of the best for its price and abilities" so they said.

Last edited:
I've got this board with a FX 51 and thus far it's been stable. I haven't had a chance to burn in the CPU, so I'm not sure how far I can push it on air, but it should be an interesting and fun holiday journey. :)

I'm running:

FX 51
Asus SK8N
2x512MB PC3200 DDR Registered ECC CL3 4-4-4
2x36.7GB Sata Raptor 10K RPM HD's Striped for performance
Plextor PX708a 8 in 1 DVD/CD drive
Audigy2 ZS Platinum Sound Card
CL Gigaworks S750 7.1 THX Certified Speakers
Logitech MX900

I think that's it for the box...I'm sure I'm missing something :p

This is where I've got it to benchmark thus far:

fx-4.jpg