• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram, cpu, fsb, got a question or two

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
Well I just bought new RAM so Ill put this thread here. I recently purchased a mushkin PC3500 L2 black 256mb twinpack (2*256). that is some nice stuff! anyways. my proc is an XP2400 (ya I know, slow, :p ) anyways. in order to make better use of the RAMs ability Ive been tweaking my multiplier on proc to raise the fsb. but I cannot get it to post past 166fsb * 12. timings are the 2-5-2-2 or whatever the mushkin can run at (not at my comp now so pulling from memory) my board is an NF7-S rev 2. so have I just reched the limit of my proc or is there something else to check? or is it time to upgrade to a 2500 barton? heh.

and 166*12 is 100% stable (sandra burn-in for 7 hours, no errors)

found the problem, didnt notice another setting that needed to be changed silly me, now running stable at 200*11 :rolleyes: thanks for the help btw

Back