• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

old motherboard for old processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imaboutaquit

Can anyone recommend a good overclocking motherboard for a fcpga celeron 600(coppermine @ 1.65 v). I have all components needed for free, just need the board. I will be using this as a spare system and hope to reach near 1 gig. Thanks for your help

thanks for the reply, are these boards sure to run the copermine? I have a bh6 early revision and two different slockets and it wont post. I'm pretty sure its the board but I would hate to buy another without being sure. One of the slockets is a super slocket 3 with support for fcpga and the other has just ppga support. The super slocket 3 has no voltage dip switches though. I was hoping just to eliminate the slocket altogether. P.S- I know the processor is good, I tried it in a friends board

imaboutaquit said:
thanks for the reply, are these boards sure to run the copermine? I was hoping just to eliminate the slocket altogether.

Yes.......coppermine proc will work in all three, but since you want to avoid the slotket, go with the ST6. It also comes in a "raid" version as well. This is the board I built my son's rig on.

I agree with Luta. You can also use the Abit SA6 (same as ST6 but without Tualatin support). The Asus socket 370 mobos that support Coppermines would also be worth looking out for. The Celly 600 will generally do 900 MHz, but to hit 1 gig, you usually need the cC0 stepping (1.7v default).

batboy said:
but to hit 1 gig, you usually need the cC0 stepping (1.7v default).

Yep..........usually is right. I used to have a Cel 566 cB0 that clocked to 1054 MHz in an MS Master ver2 slotket on the BX6r2:D

which asus boards should I try. I havent experimented with intel at all and I am not familiar with compatible boards(AMDroid!). A gig would be nice but not crucial. The processor is as follows-celeron 633/128/66 1.65v qo38a056-0150 sl3vs. I did some searching online and ebay and these boards are hard to find now.thanks for the help

I've had no direct experience with it, but had heard some good things about the Asus CUSL2......no Tualitin support on those though. The follow-up to that board that does support Tuallys is the Tusl........I think :)

thanks, I did some info searching on the cusl2 and I like it. The only place I can find one is on ebay. Are these avail. anywhere new anymore? Thanks again for all the help!

Almost nobody is making socket 370 mobos anymore. Certainly not Abit or Asus. Perhaps Biostar or some of the off brands like that might still have new ones. Your best bet is to find a good used mobo. The Asus CUSL2 is a good mobo.

Hey Luta, you had a sweet C-566. My old C-566 cB0 stepping CPU that I loved so dearly would "only" do 977 MHz.

The CUSL2 rocks for over clocking a socket 370 chip. . I have this board on a second system and have a 1.2 Tualtin doing 1.5 on stock HSF with good temps. Stable board and pretty cheap too.

ok, I finally purchased a cusl2-c mb off e-bay. I set everything up and it wont post. It starts, runs the cd rom, floppy and hard drive but wont post. All jumpers have been checked and are correct. I see from asus website, celeron 633 is only supported from bios 1006 and above. I have no way of telling if this bios has ever been flashed or not. Apparantly the (c) designation boards do not support ppga processors which are the only other intel processors I have. My questions are(1) does this sound like it could be a bios problem? (2) will trying a ppga processor harm anything? (3) is there any way to find out the bios # or flash the bios without posting? thanks!

Back