• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA7VT600 stays underclocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JU571N

I got a 7VT600-L board with an athlon xp 1700+. On my old ECS board when running 133 fsb I was running at 1.5ghz, but when I set the fsb to 130 on the 7VT600 it stays reading 1.11ghz. I tried using Easy Tune4, but that's not much help. If I flip the little sw1 switch to auto it won't even post. Any way to get it to run at the default speed of 1.5ghz?

SW1 needs to be at Auto so if you cant put it there then you have a prob with somthing else. What is your CPU temp when running 100FSB?
Hood

If I switch it on auto it won't post. My cpu temp is a low 30°-33°, so I know it's not over heating. If I try to set the fsb with easytune4 my comp freezes at 117fsb. Think my ram could be holding it back? It's some extremely cheap (25 dollars) ram, mushkin basic pc2100. I'm pretty sure it's not the ram though, because it wouldn't go past 1100mhz with some corsair XMS2400 ram either.

CPU:
AMD Athlon XP 1700+ pally.

OK your temps of 33 are definately not excessive although they would be a bit hotter if running 133FSB but it would still be within reasonable boundaries.
Your problem is very strange and really I dont know what to suggest. A few things that spring to mind are try clearing the CMOS and make sure your DDR is set up accordingly in the BIOS so as when you are at 133FSB it is not running too fast. As its a via chipset I dont really think that is the prob but may be worth a look. Only other thing I can think is that your PSU may be struggling with the extra power that the new mobo might need, obviously if you have a decent PSU(at very least 350W) then ignore this.

Hood

Hmm, I don't know what it's problem was before, but I switched the sw1 switch to auto and it booted up just fine. Thanks for the help.

JU571N said:
Hmm, I don't know what it's problem was before, but I switched the sw1 switch to auto and it booted up just fine. Thanks for the help.
Who cares. LOL as long as its working now thats all that matters.
Hood

Back