• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the Abit IS7 not support temps right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdking

Does the Abit IS7 not report temps right?

I may just be insane or something with the OC I have so far on this rig, but my temps seemed really high at 3.33ghz default voltage...under load they crawled up to 60C on this IS7 but at same speeds on my epox board it only went up to 50C under load.

I thought I read something a bit back bout these like being 10C higher then what they are, I hope thats the case.

Anyhow....so far running my 2.4B @ 3.6ghz 1.7v
not sure if its stable but been doin stuff in windows for an hour now, I doubt its stable under load =(

But temps are scaring me goes all the way to 65C when Im hoping its just around 55C under load and this board is crazyily reading it wrong.

Thanks

Last edited:
Abit is known to be inaccurate when it comes to temperatures. Give or take up to 8-10C.
What kind of heatsink are you using with that cpu?

From the Abit forums, their mobos report temperatures at the CPU core rather than at its surface. They don't measure it, they report it from the CPU's own reading. Abit engineers feel like that's "the right way" of reporting temperatures and it doesn't seem like they're gonna change it. While I realize this may be "strange", I don't really think it's "wrong"... it's just a matter of how you read the numbers...

Last edited:
using a vantec Aeroflow

About reporting actual CPU temps...

That may be right, I think they actually report both.

Cuz when this thing goes under load it goes from 46C to 65C
But the motherboard reports goin from 45C to around 55C which I think that may be the in socket sensor....Or I dont know, can the northbridge get that hot?

Well so far stable in games its at 3.51Ghz 1.72v

I dont know why but this board cant drive my memory like the epox did.
if I put it at same exact timings like EPOX at 460mhz for memory....this board wont even post =(

I was dissapointed in this boards memory option of only being 2.8v my epox could do 3.2 , but only needed 2.8v for 460mhz

So, I ono may just take this board back and wait till I can get some DC memory

Back