• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system, no boot but DOES post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mugen1516

I just built a new system using some of my older parts. The items I bought brand new are NF7-S, Barton 2500+, SLK-947U, Antec True430, and a Seagate 120GB SATA HD. Older parts that I'm reusing are my 2x256 Corsair XMS PC3200 and my Geforce4 Ti4400 (Leadtek).

Now, I just assembled the computer yesterday. Everything powers up fine, but I can't get it to show bios or anything. It starts up and the exact post is "be beeeeeeep beep beep". I can't tell what code that it is. After it posts it just sits there. I have moved my ram around to all possible combinations. I've disconnected everything and tried to start with the bare minimum. I've cleared CMOS numerous times. I've swapped video cards with my friends and still a no go. I've reseated the CPU and the heatsink, still the same. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the bios doesn't like my ram or my CPU. I'm taking it home today (away at college) and going to swap CPUs and ram and see if I can get it to start up.

I bought my stuff from excaliburpc.com and they do this free bios upgrade, before they ship it to you. I'm hoping they didn't mess something up. Bios should be fine though because it DOES post.

Anyone, know what's going on?

Please help!

Tony

Mugen1516 said:
I just built a new system using some of my older parts. The items I bought brand new are NF7-S, Barton 2500+, SLK-947U, Antec True430, and a Seagate 120GB SATA HD. Older parts that I'm reusing are my 2x256 Corsair XMS PC3200 and my Geforce4 Ti4400 (Leadtek).

Now, I just assembled the computer yesterday. Everything powers up fine, but I can't get it to show bios or anything. It starts up and the exact post is "be beeeeeeep beep beep". I can't tell what code that it is. After it posts it just sits there. I have moved my ram around to all possible combinations. I've disconnected everything and tried to start with the bare minimum. I've cleared CMOS numerous times. I've swapped video cards with my friends and still a no go. I've reseated the CPU and the heatsink, still the same. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the bios doesn't like my ram or my CPU. I'm taking it home today (away at college) and going to swap CPUs and ram and see if I can get it to start up.

I bought my stuff from excaliburpc.com and they do this free bios upgrade, before they ship it to you. I'm hoping they didn't mess something up. Bios should be fine though because it DOES post.

Anyone, know what's going on?

Please help!

Tony

Try some new ram, I had similar problems and replacing the ram worked.

tom10167 said:

You're not tom #'s from bmxboard are you?

Back