• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My computer won't turn off.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gxp99

Registered
Hi,

I got this weird problems with my Abit KT7A-Raid where my mobo doesn't want to turn off, I press the power button a dozen time, reset and press power button again, remove and reinsert pwswitch dip, it won't turn off. Only way I can turn it off is by shut down the power supply, but here's another weird problem when I re-switch the power supply to on, my mobo automatically turn on too, meaning the CPU, fan just run without a press from the power button. And repeat same process, nothing i can do to turn it off.

Is my mobotherboard screw? I smelled some weird smell like a burning chip earlier, could it be something fried? I try to find but couldn't spot anything that look like fried mark, I even removed all parts of the computer, my mobo still boot on by itself. Anyone else here ever face a similar problems that they manage to fix somehow? Please post if you know how to fix this. I'd appreciated.

Back