• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has any one done these NF7-S mods??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep done all three... pencil works but suggest resistor as the vdd resistor mod can be done with smd grabbers..vdimm is a pretty delicate solder on a TINY resistor sop make sure your comfy with that... All of them helpd my OC ..My board was stuck at 215FSB stock I eventually hit my wall at 233FSB...L12 mod also helped a little..

So who do you tell what V your at? I thougth it said you wont see the corect V in the Bios? Did you put a Chipset cooler on your mobo? If so which one? Do you think I would need it?

you'll need a multimeter/voltmeter, and take the average reading of the two points in the picture at the bottom of the page.

that pencil vdd mod looks easy to do.

So would you all say the vdd mod is worth it? What about the lifespan of the chipset - I don't want a dead mobo in 6 months (I'll be watercooling it).

--Illah

I haven't had the need to do the vdd mod yet, as it runs 200Mhz fine with just 1.5v.

If you are running really high fsbs and can't get more, then the vdd mod might be useful.

I remember someone running them at 1.9v.

Right now I'm reviewing the full Asetek Waterchill kit, CPU, GPU, and chipset blocks, Hydor L30, heatercore-style rad. When I'm done with this I'll probably go back to my original setup but keep the chipset block and sell the rest off.

My original is a Slit-Edge, MCW50 GPU block, 86' Chevette core, and Danner Mag 3 (and soon to be with the chipset block).

--Illah

86 Chevette core - that's from a Chevorlet Chevette. Maybe you're not old enough to remember those :) Heheh, no problem though. They're like $16 at Autozone.com, and they'll cool better than 99% of those radiators and whatnot that sell for $50+ at all these watercooling shops.

--Illah

So I quess that is Cu-Brass core and no Al? Which one do you think is better? What is the size of your core in inchs?

Back