• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northbridge fan on IC7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi guys !
This little sucker is killing me !!! It have been producing strange noises for a loong time now, but today I think it decided to explode or something...

One thing is I moded my NB with Zalman and glued the fan on top of Zalman :eek: so I'm not sure if I can take it off. Is it safe to turn sucker of ?

Anything else I can do ??? It is driving me mad !!!

If you have a zalman modded heatsink on Nb I think you'll be able to turn it off, couse I beleive it's really ment for passive cooling. The thing is that if you OC alot this could bring your heatsink up in heat.

Do you have a fan in the side of your case? If not..why not mount a really silent 120mm and you'll have good cooling for both graphicscard, nb, cpu..mem etc. In this case..ofcourse you could turn/take off the fan from your nb-heatsink.

Remove the heatsink and put it into the freezer for 1/2 hour. That will make the glue brittle and you should be able to use a twisting motion to remove the fan. You can then install a 40mm or a 50mm fan onto the sink instead. If you weren't overclocking, it would be ok to run it without a fan.

Back